Global Marine Technology Trends 2030 - Autonomous Systems
Written and researched by Lloyd’s Register, QinetiQ and the University of Southampton, the report is a follow-up to Global Marine Technology Trends 2030, looking at how technology trends will impact upon the regulatory and social aspects of maritime operations.
The new report examines the future of autonomous maritime systems including:
• New insights into future developments and challenges in Marine Autonomy
• Consideration of employment, skills and socio-economic impacts of autonomous systems
• The ability of regulatory and legal systems to adapt will be a challenge
• The Consumer-driven technology developments that will drive the pace of change
• The Changing skillsets that will be required for seafarers